Timothy
Oct 18, 10:40 PM
AlexF...you seem to just be digging yourself into a deeper hole. You should just drop it, because your point is pointless. The iPod is the single greatest thing to happen to the "mac" in the history of Apple. And I've been here for the entirety of that history.
Anyone who thinks that the iPod is detracting from the value of macs is clueless.
Anyone who thinks that the iPod is detracting from the value of macs is clueless.
blow45
Mar 31, 03:04 PM
butt ugly (at the very, very list leave the option of reverting as in the mail.app)
Queso
Aug 2, 09:22 AM
The design, print, packaging, promo, photographic and fashion industry is overwhelmingly Mac-based.
Can I add film, television production and public relations/advertising to that list?
Can I add film, television production and public relations/advertising to that list?
countach
Oct 24, 09:14 AM
I was disappointed that the resolution was not updated to 1920x1200...I would assume this would have added siginificant costs? or maybe they think the current resolution is good enough and that there is little noticable difference between the current vs 1920x1200 ? Anyone else feel this is a big deal? Reasons why the higher resolution is not necessary? Thanks
On a windows machine, everything seemed absurdly small under 1920x1200, but it might not be such a problem on a mac where more stuff is scaled. I would have liked to see the bigger resolution though.
On a windows machine, everything seemed absurdly small under 1920x1200, but it might not be such a problem on a mac where more stuff is scaled. I would have liked to see the bigger resolution though.
more...
Keleko
Apr 11, 08:10 PM
I'm glad to see all the new contributors. Don't worry if you don't think they're good enough. I haven't seen anyone's pictures that don't belong here. If there is criticism it is meant to be helpful and not insulting.
And, here's my simple shot for today.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5029/5610705883_4103040aff_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5610705883/in/set-72157624631747093/)
And, here's my simple shot for today.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5029/5610705883_4103040aff_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5610705883/in/set-72157624631747093/)
-aggie-
Apr 29, 11:59 AM
I scanned eldiablojoe last night. He is a WW.
Edit: Got out of the hospital and have been sleeping mostly since then. Now I wait for the biopsy results. Thanks for all those concerned.
Edit: Got out of the hospital and have been sleeping mostly since then. Now I wait for the biopsy results. Thanks for all those concerned.
more...
oblomow
Apr 14, 12:21 PM
Our sons first 'performance'.
http://bospaling.nl/open/muziekles0142.jpg
85mm, 1/125, f4
http://bospaling.nl/open/muziekles0142.jpg
85mm, 1/125, f4
iMeowbot
Jul 25, 05:15 AM
No touch...mmmm...means I can use my tounge to change tunes when I have my hands full ;)
The existing iPods already are lickable, though the 3rd gen controls are a little more convenient than the click wheel and button interfaces. Feel free to take my word on this, and if you feel the need to confirm, remember that it's probably rude in most places to lick someone else's iPod without asking nicely first.
The existing iPods already are lickable, though the 3rd gen controls are a little more convenient than the click wheel and button interfaces. Feel free to take my word on this, and if you feel the need to confirm, remember that it's probably rude in most places to lick someone else's iPod without asking nicely first.
more...
firestarter
May 1, 10:25 PM
I expected your post to be something along this view ... can you source the fact he has little or nothing to do with Al-Queda?
He's just re-stating the obvious.
Al Quaeda isn't a tighly led organisation. It's a movement. Loosing a leader is of little concequence.
USA Today analysis from a few years back (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-06-07-al-qaeda_N.htm).
He's just re-stating the obvious.
Al Quaeda isn't a tighly led organisation. It's a movement. Loosing a leader is of little concequence.
USA Today analysis from a few years back (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-06-07-al-qaeda_N.htm).
dextertangocci
Jul 25, 08:24 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I JUST bought an Apple BT mouse!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :rolleyes:
Now I can't sell it anymore for a good price:(
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I JUST bought an Apple BT mouse!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :rolleyes:
Now I can't sell it anymore for a good price:(
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
more...
Mystikal
Mar 15, 06:40 PM
Were you the guy I was talking to at the end of the FI line that was about to have a smoke?
Anyone going back tomorrow? I think I am done chasing these things for a while, but who knows. Went to South Coast before lunch for ***** and giggles and was told there would be no more iPads today. Period.
The guy told me that they never opened South Coast early. I told him that his counterpart told me yesterday to go to South Coast early. And he said, that they are normally open then, just for one-on-one and not any retail sales. And if they did get a shipment, they would sell them before they "opened". Wait, what?
I just walked away confused and in disgust.
I am just trying to give Apple my money, sheesh.
--Sean
Come on Apple, JUST TAKE HIS MONEY!
No, I was second in line, blue and black jacket.
Anyone going back tomorrow? I think I am done chasing these things for a while, but who knows. Went to South Coast before lunch for ***** and giggles and was told there would be no more iPads today. Period.
The guy told me that they never opened South Coast early. I told him that his counterpart told me yesterday to go to South Coast early. And he said, that they are normally open then, just for one-on-one and not any retail sales. And if they did get a shipment, they would sell them before they "opened". Wait, what?
I just walked away confused and in disgust.
I am just trying to give Apple my money, sheesh.
--Sean
Come on Apple, JUST TAKE HIS MONEY!
No, I was second in line, blue and black jacket.
twoodcc
Oct 20, 07:40 PM
too bad they dont have a midrange tower with an i5 or i7
yeah for real. but that iMac sure does seem nice
yeah for real. but that iMac sure does seem nice
more...
Burger Thing
Mar 31, 09:12 PM
They ought to have a 'classic' mode for iCal so people can choose...i know it won't happen though
Great. Then we could choose between a 'classic' and a last century look. :p
As someone mentioned before, I find it hard to believe that a company with a designer talent which Ive is, would dare to publish an eye turd like that? :confused:
If they really want software to resemble real world objects, then please make iCal to look like the Pirelli Calendar...
Great. Then we could choose between a 'classic' and a last century look. :p
As someone mentioned before, I find it hard to believe that a company with a designer talent which Ive is, would dare to publish an eye turd like that? :confused:
If they really want software to resemble real world objects, then please make iCal to look like the Pirelli Calendar...
BoyBach
Jul 21, 03:12 PM
Well, it's official now.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/21/microsoft-confirms-zune-project/
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/21/microsoft-confirms-zune-project/
more...
iRobby
Apr 15, 01:35 PM
With the update notice officially stating When Lion ships this summer What are the chances the iMac refresh will happen at the same time? or will it be in the Fall instead?
AppleScruff1
Apr 22, 12:25 AM
How long until we're likely to see what they've hit back with?
Maybe they'll sue the government for asking them questions.
Maybe they'll sue the government for asking them questions.
more...
Eriden
Mar 16, 08:02 AM
Uh-oh, if you arent position 1 in front of the Apple Store, then the guy is probably a scalper. I think it's mostly mall employees lined up inside right now. I managed to get in with a hopeful mall employee just before 5am.
Dopeyman
Feb 13, 09:52 PM
Well, he was married to Denise Richards and has a kid or 2 with her, if I'm not mistaken. She thought she could change him� Guess she thought wrong� Whatever happened to her anyway? I always thought she was cute...
Yup.. he was married to Denise...
She even co-starred in a few episodes with charlie...
Yup.. he was married to Denise...
She even co-starred in a few episodes with charlie...
Yvan256
Jul 28, 01:26 PM
"Forget about Zune, look at this new operating system we're releasing this year. It's called Vista. It has this new search feature called Floodlight. When you search for something it instantly floods you with results from your hard drive."
"Floodlight"... good one. :D
"Floodlight"... good one. :D
chrono1081
Jan 26, 07:18 AM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/71732726.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDF4BAFBD37D900CE309F23A634B6A2122B946DCD11A074162F06BF04B24B4128C
Gas is expensive! $50 for me today.
I wish ours were that low! Its up to $3.25 in PA.
EDIT: Ok apparently TIMG tags don't work anymore.
Gas is expensive! $50 for me today.
I wish ours were that low! Its up to $3.25 in PA.
EDIT: Ok apparently TIMG tags don't work anymore.
xVeinx
Oct 23, 02:28 PM
How would an operating system KNOW it is being run in virtualization? It cannot determine the difference from a real computer. We are talking about Vista like it is an artificial intelligence of some kind.
I suppose that depends on how you define artifical intelligence... Anyway, to answer your point, Vista can determine if you are running the software in a virtual environment. Virtualization requires the OS to be embedded in further software, and that software has distinct signitures that can be pulled out by the OS. It might be possible to add patches to prevent Vista from seeing those signatures, but who knows.
On another front, if MS were wise, they would take some advice from Apple's iTunes and use a deactivation feature. This would prevent a huge stress on their phone support and tremendously add to user happiness. If there ever became an issue with Windows, or someone needed to upgrade, then they could go ahead and deactivate that copy of windows or deauthorize the account (through safe mode in the case of OS problems). Then, the software could be reinstalled without worry and reactivated.
I suppose that depends on how you define artifical intelligence... Anyway, to answer your point, Vista can determine if you are running the software in a virtual environment. Virtualization requires the OS to be embedded in further software, and that software has distinct signitures that can be pulled out by the OS. It might be possible to add patches to prevent Vista from seeing those signatures, but who knows.
On another front, if MS were wise, they would take some advice from Apple's iTunes and use a deactivation feature. This would prevent a huge stress on their phone support and tremendously add to user happiness. If there ever became an issue with Windows, or someone needed to upgrade, then they could go ahead and deactivate that copy of windows or deauthorize the account (through safe mode in the case of OS problems). Then, the software could be reinstalled without worry and reactivated.
Darkroom
Jun 6, 09:14 AM
sure. apple has no problem giving a refund, as they keep their 30% that the developer now has to pay. that's a cool $300 that apple just ripped off from the developer all to protect their mistake and their idiot customers.
BreuerEditor
May 3, 08:20 AM
UGH why can't there be a 128GB SSD+1TB 7200RPM, comon now.
You can add on a 115GB SSD from OWC. FAST turnaround.
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/turnkey/iMac_2010_27/SSD
You can add on a 115GB SSD from OWC. FAST turnaround.
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/turnkey/iMac_2010_27/SSD
steve knight
Apr 17, 09:40 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6113/unledxm.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/unledxm.jpg/)
Look What fun i've got ahead of me :(
thats nothing I show 15 hours.
Look What fun i've got ahead of me :(
thats nothing I show 15 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment