Hunabku
Jul 26, 05:20 PM
Here we have a PDA device - virtual keyboard, gesture recognition, etc. with a strong possibility of direct connection to the internet (sans computer).
Imagine your in a cafe with friends, some one says hey have you heard this song...? you go online (itunes) right there (wifi) access the song and load it up to your device - pop it into a new play list, rate it etc.
Apple can remove a big barrier of complexity (computer) by making it all in one simple ipod-like device. So there is pobably an entire market strategy with itunes store, etc that extends from this new device. i just bet ya...
Imagine your in a cafe with friends, some one says hey have you heard this song...? you go online (itunes) right there (wifi) access the song and load it up to your device - pop it into a new play list, rate it etc.
Apple can remove a big barrier of complexity (computer) by making it all in one simple ipod-like device. So there is pobably an entire market strategy with itunes store, etc that extends from this new device. i just bet ya...
AidenShaw
Apr 26, 02:32 PM
Would be a while before we see any 10Gbps SSDs (hard drives will never be that fast)
Drive arrays can easily exceed 10 Gbps - even with spinning hard drives. Today a 2 SSD drive RAID 0 array can hit 10 Gbps with consumer-grade drives.
Single drives faster than TBolt already exist - 12 Gbps SSD drive (http://www.fusionio.com/products/iodriveduo/) 48 Gbps SSD drive (http://www.fusionio.com/products/iodriveoctal/).
TBolt devices haven't even hit the market, but TBolt is already too slow for many uses.
Drive arrays can easily exceed 10 Gbps - even with spinning hard drives. Today a 2 SSD drive RAID 0 array can hit 10 Gbps with consumer-grade drives.
Single drives faster than TBolt already exist - 12 Gbps SSD drive (http://www.fusionio.com/products/iodriveduo/) 48 Gbps SSD drive (http://www.fusionio.com/products/iodriveoctal/).
TBolt devices haven't even hit the market, but TBolt is already too slow for many uses.
danvdr
Apr 25, 04:52 PM
Whaa? That young? I have a 4 year old MBP that just about copes with aperture.
I've been taking a photography class and I'm getting tired of beachballs and seeing the word "processing".
I've been taking a photography class and I'm getting tired of beachballs and seeing the word "processing".
jaxstate
Jul 24, 05:26 PM
I hope it functions better than the corded Mighty Mouse. I ended up buying a logitech corded mouse instead of the "Mighty" Mouse. It just didn't feel right. I hope this one is better, but on the other hand, it can't be worst than the MouseBT. It has to be one of the worst Mice ever made.
more...
mc68k
Oct 6, 06:09 PM
^ have you tried the bigadv units with your macpro?
leekohler
Mar 11, 04:42 PM
who's charlie sheen?
You, I suppose. ;)
You, I suppose. ;)
more...
Mrawr
Apr 14, 01:34 PM
I can confirm this. I have had the Mulititasking Gestures on my iPad(1) and I'm running 4.3.
Odd... I'm running 4.3 on my original iPad as well and don't have the gestures as an option.
Odd... I'm running 4.3 on my original iPad as well and don't have the gestures as an option.
FireStar
Nov 6, 10:06 AM
Me too. I didn't realize it has been 5 years since I bought my last pair of blue jeans. I only have 2 pairs of blue jeans, and 1 pair of dark greys. I don't wear jeans all the time like some people do, so I never think of replacing at least one of those. One pair definitely doesn't fit anymore, while I love the other pair (but they fit rather "meh").
I have about 3 pairs. One of those being "Flare". :confused: No idea why I bought those....
I have about 3 pairs. One of those being "Flare". :confused: No idea why I bought those....
more...
Aldaris
Jun 6, 02:49 AM
Yeah it was on a touch not a computer.
If you have entered a password and the app downloads, and continue to browse the app store it doesn't require a repeat password entry until you sleep your iPod touch/iPhone.
If you have entered a password and the app downloads, and continue to browse the app store it doesn't require a repeat password entry until you sleep your iPod touch/iPhone.
craigatkinson
Jul 24, 05:27 PM
That may be the problem. You didn't use it enough to become comfortable with it. It was a little weird when I first began to use mine as well, but after a day of using it I was in love.
I dont know what people see in the Mighty Mouse, I tried one out in a local computer shop and found it VERY frustrating to use.
I dont know what people see in the Mighty Mouse, I tried one out in a local computer shop and found it VERY frustrating to use.
more...
wordoflife
May 1, 10:46 PM
Obama's speech was awesome
Indeed it was.
I wonder if they will release any photographs.
Indeed it was.
I wonder if they will release any photographs.
Moyank24
May 1, 08:31 PM
I think me and jav6454 are tied at one vote each.
Jav voted first, which would be the tiebreaker I believe.
Jav voted first, which would be the tiebreaker I believe.
more...
bloodycape
Jul 12, 03:10 AM
Hell, the iPod could have a camera as well! if they can put video-cameras on phones, is there any reason why iPod couldn't have one?
There is a few pmp/mp3 player devices out currently with a camera. There is the Archos Gmini 402CC. The camera quality is a little better than what you get on a normal 1megapixel camera phone and video isn't bad either. Then their is those host of video players that support web/backup camera type cameras via av-ports. So a camera ipod is possible or an accessory to add a camera/video support but it will be kind of a useless feature.
There is a few pmp/mp3 player devices out currently with a camera. There is the Archos Gmini 402CC. The camera quality is a little better than what you get on a normal 1megapixel camera phone and video isn't bad either. Then their is those host of video players that support web/backup camera type cameras via av-ports. So a camera ipod is possible or an accessory to add a camera/video support but it will be kind of a useless feature.
COMtnBiker
Feb 1, 10:19 PM
Nice bike. How much did it run you?
There is a whole lot of members here who bike...
Picture of Your Bike thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=218370&page=32)
Craigslist special. :D Going to use it as a commuter, and it is an addition to my f/s mountain bike and dedicated road bike. Commute has too many curbs, potholes, gravel sections to ride the road bike and too far for the mtn bike. Wife thinks I'm nuts. :cool:
There is a whole lot of members here who bike...
Picture of Your Bike thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=218370&page=32)
Craigslist special. :D Going to use it as a commuter, and it is an addition to my f/s mountain bike and dedicated road bike. Commute has too many curbs, potholes, gravel sections to ride the road bike and too far for the mtn bike. Wife thinks I'm nuts. :cool:
more...
jessica.
Jan 25, 08:24 PM
Post Your Last Purchase XV...WOWEEE! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1053646) at 57 pages and 2265 posts later, it was time.
Last purchase was all grown up stuff, groceries, auto fuel, and my mortgage payment. :eek:
http://www.insidesocal.com/bargain/Groceries.jpg
http://mortgagenomoneydown.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/minimum-down-payment-on-a-house.jpg
Last purchase was all grown up stuff, groceries, auto fuel, and my mortgage payment. :eek:
http://www.insidesocal.com/bargain/Groceries.jpg
http://mortgagenomoneydown.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/minimum-down-payment-on-a-house.jpg
KPOM
Apr 17, 07:49 PM
Clock speed isn't everything. The sandy bridge i5 should be considerably faster. With that said, buying a MBA to do intensive things with is questionable to begin with.
x2. Considering that Apple is the company who first talked about "megahertz myth" back in the days of the PowerPC, it's amazing how much ignorance there is about the Sandy Bridge Core i5. The CPU will be significantly faster. Look at the 13" MacBook Pro for some indication. The Core i5 in the 13" Pro is nearly as fast as the Core i7 was in the 2010 MacBook Pro.
That said, we will see about a 30-40% drop in GPU performance. Gamers may want to stay away from the next MacBook Air. That said, those who don't game ought to be able to do "intensive things" with the Sandy Bridge CPU. MP3 encoding, photo editing, complex spreadsheets, etc. ought to be nice on the Sandy Bridge MacBook Air.
To me, the decision on whether to upgrade will depend on what else is in the mix. If it comes with Thunderbolt and a backlit keyboard, I may pull the trigger. If it's the same computer but just with the Core 2 Duo/NVIDIA 320m swapped out for the Core i5/Intel HD3000 I might wait it out.
x2. Considering that Apple is the company who first talked about "megahertz myth" back in the days of the PowerPC, it's amazing how much ignorance there is about the Sandy Bridge Core i5. The CPU will be significantly faster. Look at the 13" MacBook Pro for some indication. The Core i5 in the 13" Pro is nearly as fast as the Core i7 was in the 2010 MacBook Pro.
That said, we will see about a 30-40% drop in GPU performance. Gamers may want to stay away from the next MacBook Air. That said, those who don't game ought to be able to do "intensive things" with the Sandy Bridge CPU. MP3 encoding, photo editing, complex spreadsheets, etc. ought to be nice on the Sandy Bridge MacBook Air.
To me, the decision on whether to upgrade will depend on what else is in the mix. If it comes with Thunderbolt and a backlit keyboard, I may pull the trigger. If it's the same computer but just with the Core 2 Duo/NVIDIA 320m swapped out for the Core i5/Intel HD3000 I might wait it out.
more...
shirwan72
Apr 26, 12:07 PM
They charge for everything else, so what's new?!
With our UK tax, it will be just another cash cow.
With our UK tax, it will be just another cash cow.
MacQuest
Oct 18, 06:54 PM
...Anyone heard anything on the "multi-touch" front lately?
I think the mouse may be killed in '07 by multi-touch innovations.
I think the mouse may be killed in '07 by multi-touch innovations.
Chundles
Oct 24, 08:12 AM
Yea... WHERE THE [censored] ARE THE MACBOOKS?! I want a Core 2 Duo MacBook, not MacBook Pro :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Probably next week, Apple like to get as much press as they can. This way they can stretch out the news reports.
Probably next week, Apple like to get as much press as they can. This way they can stretch out the news reports.
TheReef
Apr 13, 03:53 AM
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5368/wtr4.jpg
Skika
Apr 28, 03:54 PM
So you actually get MORE iPhone in the white model.
intradestings
intradestings
lehite
Apr 13, 02:19 PM
I find this highly unlikely. Even if I did believe and it came true I couldn't afford one.
mrkgoo
Jul 24, 07:55 PM
I bought a Mighty Mouse when it first came out.
Personally, I love it. I do have clicking issues, but not the same as others - where others fins it accidentally left clicks when they try to right-click, I used to get right clicks when I tried left - but after a long time of use, I have learnt to use it as I need.
The scroll ball is awesome, but does seem to fail occasionally...a bit of dampness ont eh ball fixes this though.
Personally, I love it. I do have clicking issues, but not the same as others - where others fins it accidentally left clicks when they try to right-click, I used to get right clicks when I tried left - but after a long time of use, I have learnt to use it as I need.
The scroll ball is awesome, but does seem to fail occasionally...a bit of dampness ont eh ball fixes this though.
SchneiderMan
Jan 30, 04:31 PM
I really like that bag! Very nice.
Just had Five Guys with my brother. No one in my family but me takes him there. It's become our thing :)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5090304078_9d874f65fa.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/heyjuliette/5090304078/)
Just went there for the first time yesterday to be disappointed =/
Expensive and nothing special. The Habit is a better option imo :)
Just had Five Guys with my brother. No one in my family but me takes him there. It's become our thing :)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5090304078_9d874f65fa.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/heyjuliette/5090304078/)
Just went there for the first time yesterday to be disappointed =/
Expensive and nothing special. The Habit is a better option imo :)
No comments:
Post a Comment