Legion93
May 1, 11:10 PM
My thoughts on Osama: He must have registered his real address on PSN.
I wonder what someone will do with 77m people's personal details. To encrypt or use each information from a user would take a lifetime!
I wonder what someone will do with 77m people's personal details. To encrypt or use each information from a user would take a lifetime!
jettredmont
Oct 23, 07:45 PM
EFI is not an emulation of bios.
Correct. EFI and BIOS are different animals. MacBooks and Mac Pros don't include BIOS. Windows requires BIOS (unless Vista has changed back to supporting EFI). Boot Camp EMULATES BIOS on top of EFI.
That was the point. Might hit the "or otherwise emulated" parenthetical in the EULA. Someone will need to talk with a lawyer on that one.
BTW: What Microsoft SAYS about the EULA is pretty much meaningless. The only things that will be held up in court are, in rapidly-descending order of relevance:
1. The EULA
2. Official pronouncements declaring intent of EULA (which might go to prove willful deception; I suspect the EULA contains a clause that any external pronouncements can not change or limit the content of the agreement, blah blah blah).
3. WAY down from the last, well-documented statements from a management-level individual at the company promising that the reading of the EULA is incorrect.
So, if a straight reading of the EULA might be interpreted to mean it can not be run on a virtual machine or under emulation of any sort, then thats the truth, no matter how much the Borg doth protest.
Correct. EFI and BIOS are different animals. MacBooks and Mac Pros don't include BIOS. Windows requires BIOS (unless Vista has changed back to supporting EFI). Boot Camp EMULATES BIOS on top of EFI.
That was the point. Might hit the "or otherwise emulated" parenthetical in the EULA. Someone will need to talk with a lawyer on that one.
BTW: What Microsoft SAYS about the EULA is pretty much meaningless. The only things that will be held up in court are, in rapidly-descending order of relevance:
1. The EULA
2. Official pronouncements declaring intent of EULA (which might go to prove willful deception; I suspect the EULA contains a clause that any external pronouncements can not change or limit the content of the agreement, blah blah blah).
3. WAY down from the last, well-documented statements from a management-level individual at the company promising that the reading of the EULA is incorrect.
So, if a straight reading of the EULA might be interpreted to mean it can not be run on a virtual machine or under emulation of any sort, then thats the truth, no matter how much the Borg doth protest.
komodrone
May 3, 11:55 PM
OR another reason: Apple decided to go verizon exclusive and ATT is shunned.

LieutenantLefse
Aug 16, 12:49 PM
I want a way to see how much space the trash is taking up before I empty it. Is there a way? There was in OS 9 and OS 8.
It's quite simple:
$ du -hs .Trash
It's quite simple:
$ du -hs .Trash
more...
shanmugam
May 3, 07:54 AM
add/modify SSD yourself, that machines looks nice for the price.
i am booting from external SSD, pretty fast for two year old machine
i am booting from external SSD, pretty fast for two year old machine
arkitect
Feb 1, 09:01 AM
I don't know what a PRSI is. Grr
MacRumors' forum - Politics, Religion, Social Issues
I was just curious, because it seems as if it is a "different" person posting. Perhaps in a day or two we'll see you posting how your little sister or mom got hold of your MacRumors account and posted all kind of weird stuff.
It has happened before.
Anyway, on to better things…
MacRumors' forum - Politics, Religion, Social Issues
I was just curious, because it seems as if it is a "different" person posting. Perhaps in a day or two we'll see you posting how your little sister or mom got hold of your MacRumors account and posted all kind of weird stuff.
It has happened before.
Anyway, on to better things…
more...
hayesk
Mar 31, 08:43 PM
I thought that the inverse scrolling was a bug, but in Lion Dev Preview 2 it is still there :eek:
It's done on purpose because we've been used to backwards scrolling all these years. Why should a mouse's scroll wheel control the scroll bar, and not the page you want to scroll? When you think about it, it's kind of silly to add that extra layer of abstraction when you don't need it.
Now it's been corrected - it takes almost no time to get used to it. Embrace it, and you'll be ok.
It's done on purpose because we've been used to backwards scrolling all these years. Why should a mouse's scroll wheel control the scroll bar, and not the page you want to scroll? When you think about it, it's kind of silly to add that extra layer of abstraction when you don't need it.
Now it's been corrected - it takes almost no time to get used to it. Embrace it, and you'll be ok.
samcraig
Apr 29, 04:44 PM
Anyone arguing against this is an idiot.
First people complain about not having choices or prices being too high. Now there are more options and pricing is lower.
Wow. Just wow.
Well those addicted to Apple can still pay more for their songs. Enjoy. I won't stop you. Just like those that want to pay more for ebooks.
Personally - I'll shop it around and pay the best price whoever is selling it.
First people complain about not having choices or prices being too high. Now there are more options and pricing is lower.
Wow. Just wow.
Well those addicted to Apple can still pay more for their songs. Enjoy. I won't stop you. Just like those that want to pay more for ebooks.
Personally - I'll shop it around and pay the best price whoever is selling it.
more...
Umbongo
May 3, 07:57 AM
*cough* TFT Panels?!! Didn't iMac's always have an IPS Panel?
TN and IPS are both TFT. Apple will still be using IPS panels on the iMacs.
TN and IPS are both TFT. Apple will still be using IPS panels on the iMacs.
dethmaShine
Apr 12, 10:14 AM
TB isn't redundant right now, it's dormant. The TB port on the MBPs right now is effectively useless until there are peripherals to connect to it. But as this thread demonstrates they are coming. First to the pro market but it will drip down during the course of the year. I think Mac OS X 10.7 and iOS5 are going to provide more urgency for TB in consumer markets as well. WWDC will be the big kick off.
Cool.
First has to be first somehow. ;)
I hope that iOS 5.0 and Mac OS X 10.7 (esp FCP) make TB much more clear to the peripheral makers and to the mass consumer.
Cheers.
Cool.
First has to be first somehow. ;)
I hope that iOS 5.0 and Mac OS X 10.7 (esp FCP) make TB much more clear to the peripheral makers and to the mass consumer.
Cheers.
more...
jav6454
May 1, 11:01 PM
As long as it has Zombies I'm game. Killing Nazi zombies was getting old anyways.
What kind of zombies? Al Qaeda zombies?
What kind of zombies? Al Qaeda zombies?
Macnoviz
Jul 12, 03:37 AM
I think Apple has most to fear from M$ in the price battle, an iPod copy that costs significantly less would probably catch on pretty fast, of course, the popularity of the iPod brand is still larger than XBox.
Although I doubt that the design will be quite as dull as that picture
I'm thinking it will be more organic, like the XBox 360, with some curved shapes maybe.
Although I doubt that the design will be quite as dull as that picture
I'm thinking it will be more organic, like the XBox 360, with some curved shapes maybe.
more...
GregAndonian
Mar 29, 05:51 PM
Apple stole the upward curve effect in that logo from the Inception poster. ;):D

Evangelion
Oct 19, 08:53 AM
So what are you expecting?
I'm not expecting anything really. I'm just disputing the claim that re-designed MacPro is "innovative". And it seems that you are agreeing with me.
In case you hadn't noticed, pretty much everything in the computer industry had been done before, or can be seen as an adaption of something else. So by your definition, there are no new ideas and therefore no innovation anywhere. Which leads me to ask, what innovative things are you looking for, that you feel you can criticize Apple for not being innovative enough?
Apple HAS innovated, and I'm not claiming otherwise. I merely said that the things the original poster listed were NOT innovative. And it seems that you are agreeing with me. So what are you complaining about? Because I said something that is 100% fact?
I'm not expecting anything really. I'm just disputing the claim that re-designed MacPro is "innovative". And it seems that you are agreeing with me.
In case you hadn't noticed, pretty much everything in the computer industry had been done before, or can be seen as an adaption of something else. So by your definition, there are no new ideas and therefore no innovation anywhere. Which leads me to ask, what innovative things are you looking for, that you feel you can criticize Apple for not being innovative enough?
Apple HAS innovated, and I'm not claiming otherwise. I merely said that the things the original poster listed were NOT innovative. And it seems that you are agreeing with me. So what are you complaining about? Because I said something that is 100% fact?
more...

-SD-
Nov 15, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I don't get all the "OMG $250 on a jumper". Seriously, I assume you guys have never shopped in Burberry, Paul Smith, D&G etc...
That Panerai watch looks awesome.
:apple:
That Panerai watch looks awesome.
:apple:
seanpholman
Mar 16, 10:18 AM
I am in my way from HB, just in case.
--S
--S
more...
shanmugam
May 3, 08:04 AM
Order placed. Upgrading from 24" 2.93 GHz Core 2.
Configuration:
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
2TB Serial ATA Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
Hopefully should last me a few years like the old one. 6 weeks to wait though. :(
expensive, why not go MBP + nice LED Screen + SSD?
if you are selling 24", it will go for dirt
I am interested in the upgrade from 21.5" 2009 mode, but the resales value is low, i have no interest in the upgrade.
Configuration:
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
2TB Serial ATA Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
Hopefully should last me a few years like the old one. 6 weeks to wait though. :(
expensive, why not go MBP + nice LED Screen + SSD?
if you are selling 24", it will go for dirt
I am interested in the upgrade from 21.5" 2009 mode, but the resales value is low, i have no interest in the upgrade.
zeemeerman2
Apr 14, 05:56 AM
at a chinese plant manufacturing electronic cigs?:confused:
I think it's just a mistranslation of the speaker's first language.
So he attends at university since fall (so since september) and studies Commerce. Yet he thinks this rumor is part of a leaked advertisement and cannot comprehend why it is advertised like that.
Well, that's what I get from it anyways...
I think it's just a mistranslation of the speaker's first language.
So he attends at university since fall (so since september) and studies Commerce. Yet he thinks this rumor is part of a leaked advertisement and cannot comprehend why it is advertised like that.
Well, that's what I get from it anyways...
neonzebra
Apr 13, 02:51 PM
Makes more sense to me that Apple would work to standardize AirPlay as a built-in feature of all new HDTV's, blu-ray players, and other set top boxes like Apple TV. In addition to AirPlay input to the HDTV, the HDTV would do AirPlay output from a TV connected webcam/microphone (if any). I don't see Apple trying to sell actual HDTVs, but the iPad would make a great SmartTV content controller that would replace the need for an Apple TV module.
The existing Apple TV could just evolve into an iOS app.
Nobody is going to replace their $1000 TV with one that will be obsolete in 2 years. But a $99 box that hooks up to your TV is a no-brainer.
Also, how funny is the article image here? The analysts who are making this prediction should have a big L stamped on their forehead.
The existing Apple TV could just evolve into an iOS app.
Nobody is going to replace their $1000 TV with one that will be obsolete in 2 years. But a $99 box that hooks up to your TV is a no-brainer.
Also, how funny is the article image here? The analysts who are making this prediction should have a big L stamped on their forehead.
Mochi Hana
Apr 18, 05:05 PM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee430/kalsta1/ixMacMarketingName-promo.jpg
Nice. :D
Nice. :D
NIPRING
Apr 14, 03:01 PM
I use my 3GS everyday at work as my ipod. After work, i get in my truck plug my phone in...43- 50%. After the 4.3.1 update i my phone went dead after 5 hours of ipod play. I had to turn off all location services, ect to squeek through the 8 hour day and plug it in after work at under 10% :confused:. Hope this update fixes the battery drain issue!
coder12
Apr 13, 10:04 PM
LOL. White iPhone 4 will be the duke nukem forever of iPhones.
Lol, I get it! 'Cuz Duke Nukem Forever is finally getting released! ;)
Lol, I get it! 'Cuz Duke Nukem Forever is finally getting released! ;)
iMeowbot
Jul 25, 05:15 AM
No touch...mmmm...means I can use my tounge to change tunes when I have my hands full ;)
The existing iPods already are lickable, though the 3rd gen controls are a little more convenient than the click wheel and button interfaces. Feel free to take my word on this, and if you feel the need to confirm, remember that it's probably rude in most places to lick someone else's iPod without asking nicely first.
The existing iPods already are lickable, though the 3rd gen controls are a little more convenient than the click wheel and button interfaces. Feel free to take my word on this, and if you feel the need to confirm, remember that it's probably rude in most places to lick someone else's iPod without asking nicely first.
scmacdaddy
Mar 17, 04:47 PM
2 White Ipads 16GB! :apple:
Had fun in line too.
Waited from 7 AM.
Which store? I'm thinking about getting in line at 7 tomorrow either spectrum or fashion island.
Had fun in line too.
Waited from 7 AM.
Which store? I'm thinking about getting in line at 7 tomorrow either spectrum or fashion island.
No comments:
Post a Comment